- Storage White Papers
Some of the more eagle-eyed amongst you will have noted that http://thestoragearchitect.com now directs to a site called http://architecting.it. First of all - don’t panic! - it’s the same site as before with just a different name.
I decided at the end of 2012 I needed a new angle for the blog. Storage is a hot IT topic at the moment, but with the rise of virtualisation and cloud, the entire stack has become critical to understand when delivering complex applications. It’s no longer a case of working in silos; we’re in a transition to IT generalists in many organisations.
So with that in mind, I’ve changed the focus of the blog to look at the wider subject of architecting IT solutions in general, which could mean cloud, onsite solutions and doesn’t restrict me to talking about hardware or IaaS.
Having worked in IT for 25 years, I looked back at the technologies I’ve worked on in that time. It was easy for me to forget that I’ve done database design, application design, programming, systems programming and a whole host of other things before getting into storage and infrastructure. So, I’m looking forward in 2013 to talking about the wider issues in delivering technology. It promises to be an exciting year.
In case you were wondering, the thestoragearchitect.com domain will continue to point to the site in order to preserve historical links, however if you have the site bookmarked, best to change over.
- Netapp: The Inflexibility of Flexvols (12,363)
- Windows Server 2012 (Windows Server “8″) – Storage Spaces (11,514)
- Enterprise Computing: Why Thin Provisioning Is Not The Holy Grail for Utilisation (9,715)
- Comparing iSCSI Targets – Microsoft, StarWind, iSCSI Cake and Kernsafe – Part I (7,530)
- Windows Server 2012 (Windows Server “8″) – Virtual Fibre Channel (7,433)
- Review: Compellent Storage Center – Part II (7,396)
- Why Does Microsoft Hyper-V Not Support NFS? (6,776)
- How To: Enable iSNS Server in Windows 2008 (6,328)
- Data ONTAP 8.0 – Part III (5,768)
- How Many IOPS? (4,735)
- Comparing and Contrasting All Flash Arrays – All Vendors (227)
- The Maturing of Flash Storage (151)
- The Virtual Machine is a Legacy Construct (38)
- XtremIO: What You Need to Know (Updated) (30)
- Windows Server 2012 (Windows Server “8″) – Virtual Fibre Channel (23)
- Review: Compellent Storage Center – Part II (22)
- HP 3PAR 7450 All Flash Array (22)
- Enterprise Computing: Why Thin Provisioning Is Not The Holy Grail for Utilisation (21)
- Netapp: The Inflexibility of Flexvols (21)
- How To: Enable iSNS Server in Windows 2008 (15)